Still going strong after 100 years
Karl Bubenhofer opens a painters' supply business in Gossau in the canton of St. Gallen.
Along with general painting, the business specialized in decorative painting in churches. The interiors of many different churches in Switzerland and in the region around Lake Constance were artistically designed by Karl Bubenhofer in the period before 1918.
Karl Bubenhofer sells the painters' supply business and sets up a paint factory.
The first plant building at today's site is constructed.
In the initial phase, white and color paints were mostly produced in oil, in addition to mineral-based paints.
The company is reorganized as a stockholding company.
Bruno Bubenhofer joins the company.
The product range is extended by emulsion paints.
A new plant building with development laboratories is taken into operation.
Creation of the range of industrial coating.
Bruno Bubenhofer takes over running the business.
Beginning of sale of plastic plastering.
Mineral paints ready for use and mineral plastering based on water glass are launched on the market.
Erich Bubenhofer joins the company.
Beginning of production of powder coating.
Erich Bubenhofer becomes general manager of the company.
Plaster production expanded
Expansion of powder coating production.
A new logistics and administration building is constructed.
Facade insulation incorporated with the brands lamitherm and wancortherm.
Takeover of Maurolin Baufarben.
A new powder coating plant in Arnegg SG takes up operation.
Expansion of the liquid coating production.